The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme is designed to produce skilled graduates with in-depth knowledge in their related area of research to work independently, competently, creatively, innovatively and professionally. Simultaneously these graduates are able to use their new specialized capabilities to contribute to the body of knowledge for the benefit of mankind. The learning outcomes of this programme are as follows: Apply in-depth knowledge, advanced theories and models related to the relevant research areas. Possess the ability to comprehend the problems, design and execute the research at the highest level of scholarship. Synthesise advanced multidisciplinary knowledge to improve the skills in decision-making and problem solving as well as having to ability to be creative and innovative. Communicate with experts and peers in related areas to spearhead advanced knowledge through research. Possess high values and ethics, excellent attitude and leadership capabilities in academic and professional contexts. Contribute to the development of knowledge through the production of quality dissertation and publications of international standards.
Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) is offered by full research. Students should have adequate research knowledge and skill as stipulated by the Academic Committee. Students who do not passess these criteria are required to register ad pas the following two (2) pre-requisite courses with at least a B grade before they continue with their research.
- SZRZ6014 Research Methodology
- SCLE6014 Academic Writing and/or
- Any other course as determined by the supervisor or Academic Committee
To complete the Ph.D. programme, students are required to:
- Present their research work at colloquims/symposiums arranged by the Awang Had Salleh Graduate School of Arts and Sciences / respective School:
- Present and defend their research proposals successfully.
- They shall produce at least one (1) article, accepted/published for publication in a Scopus Indexed Journal.
- The article is produce individually or can de co-authored only with and consented by the supervisor(s).
- The article accepted or published must be based on the PhD candidate's research topic.
- The article must be accepted or published during the candidacy.
- The article must be accepted or published before a viva-voce session.
Research Areas (but not limited to):
- Web Engineering
- Mobile Applications
- Intelligent System
- Computer Network and Security
- Information Management
- Information System
- Knowledge Management
- Multimedia Technology
- Human Computer Interaction
- Virtual Reality
- Software Engineering
- Process Requirement
- Engineering Simulation and Modeling
- Genetic Algorithm Database Technology